Looking for a daycare center for your kids can be stressful. How do you know the facility is going to live up to your expectations? Your kids are irreplaceable, and you want the best possible care for them when you aren’t there for them. Here are eight signs of a good daycare.
- The staff and administration has open communication with parents.
- You hear from others about the daycare center and they come highly recommended.
- When you walk through the facility, you see that it’s clean and well organized.
- Staff knows how to handle behavioral issues, this can be observed during your walk through. You can also ask about how they handle a kid acting up to see if it matches with your strategy and philosophy about how kids should be treated.
- They have a schedule for the kids. It’s beneficial for kids to have routine and know what to expect.
- They keep up to date with the center’s licences and training for their staff.
- The teacher-to-student ratios are at or around the regulated standards.
- The daycare teachers work with kids through play and structure at a level appropriate to the child’s development or their target for development.
At Home Away From Home, we know leaving your kids in someone else’s care can leave you with uncertainties. To help ease your mind, we have invested in a live webcam system that gives you a constant live feed from each of our locations. This way, you can see how your child is doing throughout the day and see as they participate in the daycare center’s activities.